Our 5 Watt, 12 Volt Solar Marine Boat Lift Charging Kit is designed to charge light duty 12v DC boat lift systems and PWC systems that use a single 12v battery to raise and lower boats or jet skis.
The 5w-12v Boat Lift Charging Kit is perfect for the light weekend user with light boat and boat lift or PWC lift.Engineered for 12 volt DC boat lifts and boat motors, these quality charging kits have high-efficiency solar cells with anodized aluminum frames. (The solar panel has a lifetime rated at more than 20 years.)
If you require several lifts per day and or have a heavier boat please consider our larger 10, 15, 20, 30, or 40 watt panels.
The kit comes with the following:
- 5 watt, 12 volt high-efficiency solar panel with anodized frame
- 20-foot red/black color-code 18AWG wire and quick connect
- 3/8-inch battery connection righ terminals and Quick Connect Kit
- 12-inch PWC mounting arm, bracket and hardware
- 36-inch mounting arm with options for 48-inch and 72-inch mounting arms
- 2 (two) stainless steel mounting straps
- Instructions & wiring diagram
- Free technical support from our distributor and manufacturer
- Boat lift trays (universal for all lifts or hanging for lifts with canopies are available as discounted options)
Standard Product Features for Charger Kit:
- Solar charger for 12 volt DC boat lifts and motors
- Replaceable Wiring & Quick Connect System
- Solar panel is adjustable so that it absorbs the maximum possible solar charge
- Easy installation (less than half an hour average)
- Panel mounts on J-Arm (included) and properly assemble, is designed to withstand heavy storms and high winds
Products that we sell as options at discounted prices when purchased with the 5W/12V Charger Kit include:
- Extra Option: Battery Status Indicator (Model: LL-BLB)
The Battery Indicator is the perfect solution to checking your boat lift battery or any 12v battery. Easily and instantly displays the condition of the battery with the push of a button. The indicator be used with all 12 volt batteries, regardless of size or type including maintenance free, deep cycle and gel type batteries.
- Extra Option: Solar Charge Regulator for 12v Battery Systems
This is one of the first charge regulators designed for 12 volt battery systems that has an LED indicator and a Intelligent Battery Management System (IBMS). Far from your standard regulator, this has an advanced micro-processor with software that intelligently monitors battery conditions up to 100% as opposed to standard PWM regulators that monitor batteries at 55-60%.
An LED indicator shows the charge status, lets you know the regulator is working and the charging state (SOC) of the battery. Rugged aluminum housing and epoxy encapsulated electronics make this unit is both durable and water proof. Comes with 2-pin connects that fit our solar panels for reliable, fast connections. Quick installation is permitted by 3/8-inch ring terminals to the battery side.
- Extra Option: Single Universal Boat Tray for Lifts
Designed to fit all band boat lifts (with or without canopies), the Single Universal Battery tray can be mounted on any type or brand of boat lift, including those with square, round or rectangular vertical posts. It's sturdy construction holds a single standard 12V battery. The tray kit includes the following components: 1 (one) Single Universal Battery Tray; 2 hanging arms; instructions and wiring diagrams; and free technical support from the manufacturer. The tray area is 9 by 15 inches in diameter.
- Extra Option: Single Hanging Canopy Battery Tray
With rugged, high-strength aluminum construction, this battery tray fits all band boat lifts with canopies. (If your lift does not have a canopy, please select our Universal Battery Tray.) Designed to hold one standard 12 volt battery, it can be suspended from round, square or rectangular horizontal canopy poles.
The tray hangs against the vertical boat lift pole with a spacer to make mounting it level a breeze, and keeping the battery higher than our Universal Tray and out of the way. The kit includes: one (1) single hanging battery tray, with a 9-inch by 14-inch tray area; wiring diagrams and instructions; and free technical support. The position of the tray is adjustable, and the system has a sharp 2-inch by 2-inch vertical mounting extrusions.
Solar Panel and Electrical Specifications
- Electrical Data
- Nominal Peak Power: 5wp
- Maximum Power Voltage (Vmp): 18.0v
- Maximum Power Current (Imp): 0.28A
- Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 0.32A
- Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.5v
- Optimized Cell Efficiency (%): 17.2%
- Power Tolerance ± 3%
- STC: Irradiance of 1000W/m², Air Mass of 1.5, Cell Temperature of 25°C
- Operating Module Temperature: -40° Celsius /-40° Farhenheit to +85°Celsius / +180 Farhenheit
- Maximum System Voltage: 600VDC
- Current Temperature Coefficient Percentage: C 0.005
- Voltage Temperature Coefficient % C -0.33
- Power Temperature Coefficient % C -0.44
- Number of cells and type of connection: 36 series
- Solar Panel Dimensions: 291mm x 160mm x 25 mm/11.45 inches x 6.3 inches x .95 inches
- Solar Panel Net Weight : 0.74Kgs / 1.63 pounds
- Guaranteed Power Output
- 10 Years: 90% of its nominal power rating
- 20 Years: 80% of its nominal power rating
- Impact Resistance: Can bear the force generated by one 227g steel ball dropped from 1 meter height
- Cell Type: Polycrystalline silicon photovoltaic cells
- Solar Panel Warranty Period: 10 (ten) years on solar panel materials and workmanship